Interpretation and definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- "Account" means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
For the purpose of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the Company is the Data Controller. “Data Controller" refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- "Cookies" are small, often encrypted, files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- "Device" means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- "Personal Data" is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
For the purpose of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
- "Service" refers to the Website.
- "Service Provider" means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), Service Providers are also considered Data Processors.
- "Usage Data" refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- "Website" refers to Karolien Vanhelden, accessible from www.karolienvanhelden.com .
- "You" means the individual accessing or using the Service, or a company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as You are the individual using the Service.
(Hereinafter also referred to with "Your").
(1) Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Personal identification Data:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- (Company) address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, city, country, invoice details
- Personal details (gender, education, Your questions,…)
- Personal details as a result of uploading a document
- Usage Data (also User name, purchase history,…)
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Data collected through media usage (social media, desktop, mobile,…)
- Interest in Our product offering via download of content made available on Our media (website, newsletter,…)
- Information provided via forms (download forms, contact page, newsletter subscription,…)
- Information provided upon purchase
- Electronical identification data (IP address, cookies,…)
Hence, Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, which website you visited through which you have reached Our Service, unique Device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
All of this will allow Us to have statistics with regard to the use of Our Service and to send more targeted communication.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Service and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering Your login details. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. These Cookies gather information to evaluate and improve the content of Our Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify You as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how Our Users react to them.
Examples of how Personal Data are collected
How We collect Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
Newsletter subscription, Website visits, Website forms completion, exchange of business cards, survey or test completion, quote or information request, press request, incoming and outgoing correspondence with the Company through Our online channels (website, social media,…), downloadable content subscription, purchase,…
(2) Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may process all categories of Personal Data to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a User of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered User.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service. In that way We can perform our contracts duly and properly (payment collection, invoicing, administration,…).
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers, targeted marketing and advertising, updates and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us. This can also be to draw up a quote.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, conducting customer satisfaction studies/surveys/tests/market research, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will remain stored during Our contractual relationship and ten (10) years thereafter. When You subscribe to Our newsletter, Your Personal Data remain stored until You unsubscribe via the “unsubscribe” button at the end of every email or when You send Your unsubscribe request to [email protected] or via Our contact form. Personal Data of a prospect (who contacted Us via email, phone, form,…) and its company will remain stored for five (5) years unless a new contact with the prospect took place then a new period of five (5) years will start. Prospects can always ask to remove their Personal Data.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is used internally. We won’t be sharing Your Personal Data with third parties for commercial purposes, unless You gave the Company Your explicit consent. To provide You with the best experience possible, We may share or disclose Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers, professional advisors and suppliers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers, advisors and suppliers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, for payment processing, to contact You, to support our internal administrative business processes (IT providers, Kajabi,..),…
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent. In addition to that, the Company will never sell your Personal Data to third parties for their own use, unless You opt for this Yourself and give Your consent.
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating office and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Law enforcement: Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements: The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us. We do Our utmost to comply with the applicable Belgian Data Protection law, and its implementation measures. Of course You are responsible and accountable when giving Your Personal Data and login details to third parties. We cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage caused by a misuse and/or unauthorized use by a third party of Your login details, except in the case of a data breach from Our side. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
(3) Privacy rights
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access the information We have on You. This right entitles you to obtain information on and a copy of the Personal Data, in the case we hold Personal Data about you.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected, updated or deleted.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right entitles You to request that the Company no longer processes Your Personal Data (for legitimate reasons). You acknowledge that We may no longer be able to provide You with access to certain specific aspects or functionalities of the Service.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it. You acknowledge that We may no longer be able to provide You with access to certain specific aspects or functionalities of the Service.
- Request restriction of the processing of Your Personal Data. This right entitles You to request that the Company only processes Your Personal Data in limited circumstances, including with Your consent.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using Your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may no longer be able to provide You with access to certain specific aspects or functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
To the extent that the processing of Your Personal Data is based on Your consent, at any time you can withdraw Your consent by clicking the unsubscribe link in Our emails or by sending Your request to [email protected] . For Your information, this withdrawal will not affect Our right to process Personal Data we have obtained prior to the withdrawal of Your consent nor the right to continue parts of the processing based on legal bases other than Your consent.
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us at [email protected] . Please note that We may ask You to verify Your identity in as much detail as possible before responding to such requests. This is to prevent that someone else tries to exercise Your rights. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You within a month. We may charge a fee for administrative costs if Your request is unfounded or excessive, more particularly due to the repetitive character.
If You aren’t satisfied with the way We have treated Your concerns, You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority (www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be ).
(4) Other information
Links to Other Websites
- By visiting this page on Our website: karolienvanhelden.com/privacy-policy
- By sending Us an email: [email protected]